Emery and Emery DDS are experts in general dentistry for adults and children. We are located in the Long Beach, California and excel in the dental methodologies shown below. For an evaluation and appointment call us at 562-421-9361.
- Esthetic Crown and Bridge work – Matching nature has become much easier with the modern materials and techniques available to us now. Empress and other restorations can now be made that are completely metal free. One new type of bridge, the Encore bridge, requires minimal preparation of the adjacent (retaining) teeth. Our new lava crowns are also metal free and provide the ultimate aesthetic for any smile. On the other hand, should you choose gold restorations, we also do beautiful gold work.
- Endodontic (Root canal) therapy – Using modern titanium rotary instrumentation has made this type of treatment fast, easy and painless. Seriously!
- “Drilless fillings” – On certain types of cavities, we are able to use an Air Abrasion system that cleans out the decay painlessly without the need for any anesthetic (shots). It’s nice to hear our patients say, “Was that it?” after the short, easy procedure.
- Full and Partial Dentures – While our goal is to prevent the need for these services, we can make natural looking dentures that will defy anyone guessing that you wear them. New materials allow us to make partials with clasps that virtually disappear. Precision attachments can make partials more comfortable and invisible than ever before.
- Periodontal (gum) Therapy – The basis for good oral health are the health of the gums, their attachment apparatus and the underlying bone. As statistics show, 80% of adults have some form of gum disease. Our goal is early diagnosis and treatment, in some cases combined with localized antibiotic therapy, that will allow you to keep your teeth for a lifetime. We will come up with a home care regimen for you and set up an appropriate recare interval with our office. Should the problem be more serious, we will refer you to a well qualified specialist. According to a recent study, the number of teeth you have is the single most diagnostic aid in determining your risk of cardiovascular disease and stroke. Let’s keep those teeth and gums healthy!
- Oral Cancer Exams – Oral cancer screenings are performed each examination with the dentists. These exams can be the best form of prevention.
Simple extractions, biopsies, and other oral surgery procedures are performed at the office. Our expertise helps you to better manage your overall dental care.
Dr Alyson Emery always greets me with a smile and assuages my fears about dental procedures. She explains things carefully and sensitively. The entire team at Emery and Emery is excellent. They are the best!
This office and staff are wonderful. Dr Doug was so kind and patient with my Mom.
Dr. Emery was referred to me by a friend and also by yelp. I was impressed with the first visit. I am glad I found a great dentist close by. I highly recommend!
Sue at the front desk is also very responsive in addressing my inquiries pertaining to my dental insurance & out of pocket expenses.
I drive 25 miles to see Dr. Alyson, Kaylin, Sue and the entire team and have been a patient for nearly 11 years.
I no longer dread coming to the dentist. Thank you for taking such good care of one of your more difficult patients.
I love the use of technology with the exam. Digital x-rays and the computer system in the room is terrific.
I have been visiting your practice since you began, even when I lived 400 miles away in San Francisco. The service has always been outstanding and I can’t imagine going anywhere else. Thanks to the entire staff for their professionalism and friendly personalities.
I had a terrible fear of dentists in general, and as a result, was left with a mouth full of terrible teeth. I am leaving with a smile beyond my wildest dreams and undying gratitude to Dr. Alyson and Dr. Doug for helping me to change my life, starting with my smile.